Here’s an exercise the next time you’re in the elevator with a colleague. Ask your colleague to articulate your organisations strategy. The kicker is that if your reports fail to articulate the strategy then the problem lies at your feet.
“A vision without a strategy remains an illusion” – L Bolman
“Strategy” must be one of the most understood words in organisations. People often leave meetings remarking that the meeting was very “strategic.” Indeed, a single utterance of the word’s “strategy” or “strategic” make everyone feel good. Alas, the problem is that most organisation don’t have a clear strategy. Or worse, they have a good strategy but fail to clearly communicate the strategy.
NUTS AND BOLTS
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this course is best conducted as an in-house program.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this course at your workplace. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: Each course can be tailored to suit your timeframes.
Look at what you receive within 24 hours at no cost:
• An obligation free proposal
• A bio of a proposed trainer
• Training cost
Key Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Clearly communicate your organisational strategy
• Articulate your organisations objectives
• State your short, medium and long-term goals for the organisation
• Conduct a quick SWOT analysis
• Conduct a quick PEST analysis
• Determine the root cause of conflict in the organisation
• Agree to eliminate unnecessary recurring problems
• Consider a Start Stop Keep model to identify useful behaviours
• Link your strategic objectives to workforce planning
• State your key contingency plans for risks