The course content is engaging and has shown to have significant psychological improvements in the way you can influence and persuade people. The course focusses on both internal and external customers too. When you don’t have hierarchical or statutory power then you really need influencing skills and persuasion techniques
Questions you might be asking yourself
How do I influence my manager? How can I persuade customers? How do I influence my peers in the workplace?
- Understanding the difference between influencing and manipulating
- Establishing positive attitude and commitment from your colleagues and employees
- Profiling your persuasion style
- Creating a road map to establish your influencing skills
- Learning the different approaches of influencing
- Understanding that a one size fits all approach is not effective
- Accepting the diversity in personalities
- Learning to actively solve problems and interpret information
- Strategies to improve decision making and influencing in crisis situations
- Be mindful of myopic influencing styles and do not get lost in detail
- Identify the person of power quickly in any meeting
- What works – what doesn’t
- Acknowledging your strengths
- Opposition thinking styles
- Preparing for the unexpected
- Tell-tale signs of an experienced persuader
- Dealing with dirty tricks and gambits
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 – 12 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program.
- Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: Employees, Supervisors, Team Leaders & Senior Managers
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh – Marketing Manager 1300 323 752 Email:email@example.com or visit our website today.
Influencing and Persuasion Techniques 3.8 out of 5 based on 34 user ratings.