Suddenly you’re in a situation that is boiling out of control. You can feel the tension and you’re fearful of what might happen next. Imagine the difference if you had a toolkit of conflict de-escalation techniques at hand. You’d feel more in control and you not helpless. In fact, these strategies are easy to implement, and you’ll get better and better as your confidence grows. The name of the game is to remain and appear calm and stay safe. You certainly don’t want to unknowingly enflame the situation further so it’s very important that you blueprint your behavioural response. These skills could literally save your life.
KEY COURSE CONTENT:
• Fight, Flee & Freeze – your fear response DNA
• Spotting danger signs early
• Picturing your body language gestures (what are you communicating?)
• Exiting a situation (3 things never to do)
• Listening without the need to make a judgment
• Asking open ended questions
• Deflecting the anger to an external party
• Building rapport with detached empathy techniques
• Avoid trading blame
• Positional bargaining and not being personal
• Checkpoint dangerous situations – car parks, domestic visit, laneways, front counter
• Eye contact gestures and stance techniques to avoid harm
Frontline staff and managers facing conflict
This course is available as a full-day or a truncated half-day course.
This course can be delivered both in-person, at your organisation or venue, or virtually. If you like, we can do all the heavy lifting on the technical side. Then, your people simply video/dial in.
We recommend a group size of 4-10 people.
Get a Quick Quote:
Let us know if you’d like an obligation free quote