By communicating assertively, you can feel confident and gain the respect of your colleagues and friends. Assertive communication involves speaking your mind and expressing your point in a constructive manner.
People who are assertive tend to have less stress and conflict in their career and personal life. They can influence people and can get their needs met more easily.
How assertive are you?
Ask yourself the following:
- I provide quick and accurate responses to customer queries.
- When I do not understand something, I ask for clarification.
- I look directly at the person I am talking to.
- I have an assertive body language.
- I am clear and specific when expressing my point of view.
- I consciously practice assertive behaviour in problem situations.
- I use verbal and non-verbal communication skills to be assertive.
- I recognise passive, assertive and aggressive behaviours in others.
- I am comfortable with saying ‘NO’ with confidence.
- I am calm and controlled and do not lose my temper.
- I ask for help without feeling guilty or bad about it.
- I deal with difficult people and situations effectively.
- I do not get stressed in difficult situations.
- I can effectively manage people who are angry or aggressive.
- I ask for and provide constructive feedback.
- I negotiate assertively with colleagues / customers / suppliers.
- I respect the rights and opinions of other people.
Your Assertiveness Skills program is custom designed to help participants express their ideas and feelings more adequately. The program will provide practical techniques to improve interaction with other people in the workplace. Participants will learn how to change their behaviour to assertively deal with complex workplace situations. They will understand how positive assertiveness can enhance interpersonal communication.
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an Inhouse program.
Ideal group size: 4 – 12 participants.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
Cost: Price on request.
Target Audience: Employees, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Senior Managers or CEO’s.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact:
Melinda Kavanagh – Marketing Manager
PH: 1300 323 752
Assertiveness Training Course 4.2 out of 5 based on 97 user ratings.