Negotiation skills training courses allows you to quickly learn effective negotiation and influencing skills. Negotiation skills help you to be better prepared to apply effective negotiation skills, techniques and strategies in order to achieve desired outcomes.
We have all been involved in situations that required us to negotiate whether at home or at work. Most of us feel uncomfortable in such situations because it involves some degree of conflict. It is important to understand that negotiation is simply a process. Negotiation skills training courses help you understand effective negotiation skills, techniques and strategies. It will equip you with the tools and techniques required to become more confident and skilful in negotiating better outcomes.
Negotiating win-win outcomes is proven to increase profits. Your people will learn universal negotiating skills and become more confident in their day to day negotiations.
Effective negotiating skills
It is vital to enable people to have more control of the negotiation process. It is important to understand that by developing effective negotiation skills and effective influencing skills, you will deliver better outcomes for your organisation.
If your team has not received professional negotiation skills training then your team is going to struggle. Think of all the unnecessary concessions they will give away and the cost comes straight off the bottom line. In today's competitive world it's lunacy not to train your people to negotiate better outcomes.
How good are your negotiation skills?
Ask yourself the following:
- I believe everything is negotiable all the time.
- I plan and have a clear strategy before going into a negotiation.
- I know my BATNA (Best Alternative to a Negotiated Agreement).
- I separate people from the problem.
- I look for multiple solutions.
- I always aim at achieving a win-win outcome.
- I can adjust my negotiation plan based on unanticipated moves by the other party.
- I communicate carefully and effectively.
- I use active listening and questioning skills.
- I ensure that my negotiation decision is based on results, not emotions or pressure.
- I am aware of both mine and the other party's personality style.
- I can deal with difficult people effectively.
- I am aware of the dirty tricks and gambits that are often used in negotiations.
- I know exactly when and how to close a negotiation.
- I always prepare a closing checklist.
- I never damage the relationship with the other party.
Your Negotiation Skills program is a one day program custom designed to help participants be better prepared to apply negotiation strategies in order to achieve desired outcomes.
This training program examines simple strategies that will enable your people to have more control of the negotiation process. This challenging training program uses short presentations, role-plays and team activities to provide participants with the confidence to negotiate better.
Your Negotiation Skills program will give participants the skills to:
- Plan and prepare for negotiations.
- Identify and overcome the conflicts that occur during negotiation.
- Apply the most appropriate style of negotiating based on the situation at hand.
- Understand the other party's needs before the negotiation takes place.
- Calibrate opposition thinking styles.
- Overcome dirty tricks and gambits often used in negotiation.
- Invent win-win outcomes for both negotiating parties.
- Understand different personality styles.
- Get beyond No.
- Understand the psychology of negotiation when dealing with different genders, ethnicities, generations and personality types.
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: Your Negotiation skills Course can be modified to fit inside your timeframe.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: Employees, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Senior Managers or CEO's.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager 1300 323 752 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Preferred Training Networks, our team can also assist you with popular training like: leadership management training, dealing with aggressive people, and customer service training.
We offer in-person Negotiation Skills Course, programs and workshops run by expert trainers to organisations across Australia. Our programs are available in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Perth and other areas of Australia. If you’re looking for Negotiation Skills Course “near me”, save yourself some time and contact us today. Wherever you are in Australia, we can come to your organisation or organise a venue for in-person training, workshops and skills programs. Find out what Preferred Training Networks can do for your organisation. Get a free online quote now or give us a call today on 1300 323 752 to discuss your requirements or explore our full range of courses.