Variations to contracts can be difficult. But some teams are beaten before the conversation happens. Instead of negotiating harder, you are hoisting the flag of surrender. This course is designed to give you new tools and insights to win more concessions. Discover a disciplined approach to managing change orders. You’ll become more formidable negotiators and influencers. We’ll even help you adjust your body language.
Participants also discover how to disrupt a strong argument with an alternative offer. The alternative offer(s) will have been strategised and conceptualised beforehand. People get conditioned about the outcomes of contract variations. If you’re weary of constantly getting squeezed, then this course is a breath of fresh air. It’s also a chance to mix up your representation. It’s like playing chess. If you play the same moves, the opposition will be easily able to outwit you. But if you mix up your moves, then you’re changing the game.
KEY COURSE CONTENT
- Deflating expectations
- The key role of active listening
- Figuring out what’s important to the other party
- Planning for success – success metrics
- Influencing skills 101
- Preparing your BATNA beforehand
- The tricks and gambits people play at contract variation and tools to counter them
- Analysing the issuing and tracking of variations
- Active listening as a discovery tool
- Structuring a change order control process
- Smart questioning techniques
- Positional negotiating techniques
- Building collaboration into the Variations Discussion (why bother?)
- Building rapport with suppliers using behavioural styles
- Variation to Contracts – Communication starters (template)
- Searching for opportunities in a variation presentation
- Shrinkflation as an increasingly popular bargaining tool
- RFM manoeuvres
- Detached empathy as a strategy
- Documenting concessions won
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your workplace. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Target Audience: Project Managers, Projects Teams & Project Stakeholders
Cost: Price on request.
Preferred Training Networks designs niche courses for organisations. Our professional development customers include Pitcher Partners, Freehills, Lander and Rogers, Mills Oakley, Maddocks, Goldman Sachs JBWere, National Australia Bank, ANZ, Minter Ellison, BNP Paribas, Colonial First State Asset Management, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank and Portfolio Partners.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact us at 1300 323 752 or Email: email@example.com