Discover the positive difference it can make to your workplace if your management team can inject some humour into daily tasks.
Plan of action
Would you believe that a humorous manager is more productive than a manager without a good sense of humour? A humorous manager usually has staff that are more loyal and more likely to give discretionary effort to the organisation. People perform better when they are in a good mood. This course was designed to teach people a framework of how to be humorous in the workplace. The program recognises that not everybody wants to be humorous. However, it is still possible to work in an environment of humour if you have a working knowledge of how to promote humour. How humorous is your workplace?
Ask yourself the following about your workplace:
1. People usually have smiles on their faces as they complete their tasks.
2. People gather in friendly groups and there are plenty of laughs.
3. Our people don’t backstab.
4. Our organisation promotes a positive workplace.
5. Our staff often goes out on social occasions together.
6. We often reward people who were particularly positive.
7. Our staff is engaged.
8. Our customers are usually in a good frame of mind.
9. Role descriptions and expectations are very clear.
10. We avoid a blame culture.
11. Positive customer feedback is paramount to our success.
12. Management are very approachable by staff.
13. The banter in the office is positive.
14. Vocabulary in the office is positive and the outlook is rosy.
Did you know . . . Workplaces that are considered positive generally score “YES” to 10 of these questions. If you scored less, you should think about learning how to improve your workplace environment. “I told you I was ill.” – Epitaph on Spike Milligan’s tombstone
Key learning outcomes
At the conclusion of this program participants will possess the skills to:
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
Ideal group size: 4 – 12 participants.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
Cost: Price on request.
Target Audience: Supervisors, Team Leaders and Management.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh – Marketing Manager 1300 323 752 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org