Plan of action
In this course, participants learn about a wide range of employee relations topics including managing employee behaviour, workplace health and safety, enterprise bargaining agreements, award interpretation and negotiating employment terms and conditions.
Designed specifically for management, this program will provide participants with the confidence to better manage employee relationship issues. Whether it is dealing with a formal behavioural issue or simply talking with staff about pay and conditions, managers need to be correctly informed. Without the correct information, managers run the risk of making poor decisions on the run or shooting from the hip and potentially inflaming the original issue.
Key Learning Outcomes
• Describe the key stages in union recognition
• Advise on and apply the law in respect of industrial action and other key aspects of employee relations
• Articulate clearly statutory and legislative requirements
• Implement your organisation’s relevant policies and procedures
• Map opposition thinking styles
• Discuss what to do when you’re not sure of what to do
• Provide clear advice in industrial and employee relations matters
• Clarify reporting structures for different levels of breaches
• Promote a culture of transparency, trust and harmony in the workplace
• Work with employees to resolve personal grievances
• Practice negotiating in selected scenarios
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
Ideal group size 7 – 12 participants
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost
Duration: This program can be conducted as a one day or half day program
Cost: Price on request