When a conflict is localised and enclosed, you need different conflict resolution tools.
This course is designed to draw a “line in the sand” to ensure tomorrow’s disputes are dealt with differently than yesterday’s disputes. It helps participants move past stubborn struggle points and look for positive opportunities. Participants are reminded that conflict is inevitable in any workplace. Designed by a psychologist, this course will help your people discover how to manage their reactions and perceive conflict in a different light. Close quarter conflict usually occurs when people have opposing beliefs, operating systems, value systems, ideals, needs or goals. This type of conflict inevitably leads to reduced productivity and can damage levels of trust within teams therefore effecting business growth and sustainability. The best outcome of this course is it helps people in conflict working alongside each other to disarm and work towards achieving mutual goals and aspirations.
Key Learning Outcomes:
At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
- Focus on the situation at hand and not the person
- Predict positive and negative stressors that will impact you in the short medium and long term
- Learn to listen without constantly forming opinions
- Calibrate your workplace resilience levels
- Aim at turning your inner voice off during localised conflict
- Break away from the need to reply with myopic responses
- Use interruption and questioning techniques to fracture venting
- Deal with difficult people more effectively
- Critique the 80/20 rule for localised conflict
- Practice anger deflection techniques rather than head on confrontations
- Agree and implement a personalized 4-5 step plan when you think you are going to boil over
- Discuss the merits of a work/life balance
- Discuss the principle of “unconditional surrender”
- Scan the impact of the environment on conflicts and remove unnecessary impediments
- List the options available to you for time out
- Agree an action plan and measure your progress
THE NUTS AND BOLTS
T his program can be conducted as in-house training on site anywhere in Australia.
- Group Size: An ideal group size is 4–12 participants
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your offices. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost
- Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your time requirements
- Cost: Upon request.
- Target Audience: Senior management, middle management, team leaders and supervisors.
Look at what you receive within 24 hours at no cost:
a program outline , a bio of a proposed facilitator, training cost and possible training dates (if requested)
Contact us today
Preferred Training Networks
Phone: 1300 323 752
Close Quarter Conflict Resolution Techniques4.4 out of 5 based on 57 user ratings.