A constant frustration in business today is the decision making process. This program will help participants to strategically frame a problem objectively and decide a course of action.
Why is problem solving and decision making so difficult?
People often lose faith in a company/individual if they perceive poor decision making and/or poor problem solving. Even more frustrating is the procrastination of making a decision (We'll tell you more later).
This program helps participants understand the decision making process and will equip participants with the skills and techniques to frame a problem objectively and decide a course of action.
- How to develop the skills to conceptualise a problem through the eyes of all stakeholders and not from a myopic perspective.
- How to help participants to dig for the source of the problem instead of constantly fixing symptoms of the problem.
- How to understand how organisational decision making can differ from individual decision making.
- How to understand how emotions can influence decision making.
- How to reduce risks when making decisions.
- How to overcome the 'save my ass' hurdle that academics have identified why people won't make a decision.
- How to use precedents as a tool to share your beliefs with other people.
- How to gain approval and motivate the senior management team.
Key learning outcomes
Your Problem Solving and Decision Making program will give participants the skills to:
- Correctly label the problem.
- Use 'Laddering' to get an insight into the heart of the problem.
- Find the cause of a problem instead of focusing energy on the symptoms of the problem.
- Explore individual decision making processes.
- Explore organisational problem solving behaviour.
- Use precedents to influence other stakeholders.
- Invent win/win outcomes even when this seems impossible.
- Communicate more effectively with all stakeholders.
- Make decisions proactively.
- Actively listen - What?
- Be creative and innovative in solving problems.
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: Your Problem Solving Decision Making Course can be modified to fit inside your timeframe.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: Employees, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Senior Managers or CEO's.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email:email@example.com
Follow us in Google plus: Niall Kennedy