We humans are unique in our own ways and understand that everyone has different ways of reacting to people based on values, beliefs and opinions. However, there’s always been one category of people whom you can deal with in the same way because they are annoying and pointless most of the times – The Difficult People Category.
Remember, dealing with difficult people at work or anywhere else for that matter means that you’re dealing with the fickle minded kind. Learn how to deal with difficult people with some ideas
1. Listen and Stay Calm to the unreasonable kind – This is the full- proof way of managing difficult people! Let them know you acknowledge them and that you care about them. When you stay calm, you can strategise dealing with difficult people. Don’t get caught up in the moment. Instead, maintain a pace!
2. Do not Judge, Respect them – no matter what. When you respect a person, be rest assured because you’ll treated the same way sooner than ever! People tend to be unreasonable when they feel vulnerable or fearful of a situation.
3. Don’t be Demanding, Be Empathetic instead. Empathy is beautiful – When you tell them how they’re feeling and that you understand, working with difficult people surely will become simple! Let them vent out their feelings every now and then – the rest of the times, you can work with them your way.
4. Avoid Sarcasm, Smiling and Rage – When you smile at an angry person, he might misunderstand your non- verbal communication which will make it difficult for you to talk to them. Sarcasm is another issue – Please do not make comments or jokes on their issues because you never know which buttons it can press, making your life miserable. Most importantly, when you express rage, it can worsen the situation. Again, be cool!
5. Don’t Try Convincing Them – because that’ll create more irritation for them. Talk it out like adults and please do not be defensive – that really annoys them!
6. Set Boundaries & an Assertive Attitude – This can take you a long way to dealing with angry people at work. Let them know when you feel unhappy about the way they spoke to you – they’ll respect it!
7. Flexibility is Important because one response does not fit all – there’s room for multiple responses at all times. Trust your instincts and look out for yourself.
8. Give Yourself Credit – Boost your self- esteem by appreciating you for knowing how to deal with coworkers. Don’t ever forget this tactic.
9. Vent Out Your Stress the Right Way – because you don’t want to end up like them, do you? Go for a run or walk your dog – personal well-being must be of utmost importance to you.
Remember to cultivate a mindset that everyone would set you a class apart! In today’s time of lack of patience, empathy and understanding, you are an essential resource. You can work with anyone you’re asked to if you follow these tactics – Be rest assured.