This training program was designed for your people to learn world’s best practices in running departments with less people. Assist your team to keep their heads above water, stay motivated and leave the office with a sense of accomplishment everyday. This course will help your team embed new behaviours to run their departments more effectively. They will complete tasks more seamlessly and will also have greater clarity on what the organisation expects from them.
Symptoms of leaner departments
- An increase in the amount of email per person.
- More time spent on reporting.
- More calls received out of hours (particularly for organisations with global offices).
- Increased fatigue and loss of concentration.
- Demoralised staff.
- Greyer reporting lines.
- Increased activity of covering up errors.
At the conclusion of these programs, your participants will
- Be equipped with world’s best practices in the area.
- Have a toolkit of situational tools to use.
- Apply practical ideas and solutions to current projects.
Who have Preferred Training Networks Trained?
Boeing, Borders, Russell Kennedy, ANZ, BHP Billiton, Fosters, CASA, BNP Paribas, Dept of Transport, Esanda, CSIRO, Goldman Sachs JB Were, AIRC, Portfolio Partners, OPP, State Trustees, VGSO, Leaseplan, Mills Oakley, Legal Aid, Dept of Justice, Judicial College, Shell, Babcock & Brown, Lend Lease, Pitcher Partners, Beca
Benefits of running the course. Managing Change – Some departments are 100% confident their department cannot run effectively with less people. This course helps your people deal with change and maintain productivity.
Staying Positive – Sagging morale levels are often related to less staff. This course helps everyone to agree that remaining positive is a more rewarding behaviour and reduces levels of anxiety.
A breath of fresh air – For every problem there is an opportunity. Maybe this is the optimal time to re-examine existing processes and identify and remove any inefficiencies
Clarifying Roles – The number one cause of conflict in departments is role ambiguity. With less resources this may be an ideal time to rewrite job descriptions and departmental objectives.
Breaking down communication silos – Some interdepartmental processes are seamless and others are not. With fewer resources you need to ensure information flows transparently and get rid of any bottlenecks.
The Nuts and Bolts This program can be conducted in your meeting room.
- Group Size: An ideal group size is 5 – 12 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at an additional cost.
- Duration: Each program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
- Cost: Upon request.
- Target Audience: Departmental Staff (preferably from the same department).