Never before in history has such a large group of people voluntarily considered leaving the workforce. Ensure your organisation does not lose too many of these assets prematurely.
Every organisation knows their baby boomers are beginning to look at their retirement options. The data suggests that often the last person to know about their retirement plans is the employer. However, employees can still be persuaded to stay if they can see a value utility greater than the utility of retiring.
This program was designed in Australia to give baby boomers some critical information that will influence some of them to stay beyond their intended retiring date. It also helps their managers understand their motivations and needs better. It’s a lively presentation and your people will be delighted that your organisation made this information available to them.
How good are your systems for keeping baby boomers?
Rate your organisation: Our Baby Boomers –
- Feel secure in their roles
- Have a clear understanding of what is expected from their role
- Feel part of a team and don’t work in communication silos
- Feel respected
- Feel their ideas are valuable and listened to
- Are up to date with technological advances and have an avenue to ask questions privately
- Behave in congruence with our organisational values
- Have enough time to complete critical tasks
- Understand the leadership style of the organisation
- Receive industry updates and feel they are in the loop
- Are financially literate
- Feel management is approachable if a difficulty arises and help is required
- Understand how their roles contributes to organisational growth
- Have a sense of belonging
- Feel they are treated with respect dignity and equality
- Are committed to their job
A Two-pronged Approach. A Win/Win Methodology
The first session is a facilitated session with your management team (who may or may not be baby boomers). This will help the management team and us to better understand the motivations and values of your baby boomers. Ideally the management representative of each baby boomer should attend. Your managers will have a toolbox of ideas and will identify tell-tale signs of departing baby boomers.
The second session is a trainer led workshop where the baby boomer audience gets some insights of how they could benefit by staying with your organisation and at the same time achieving some personal goals and ambitions.
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Target Audience: Baby Boomers and their Managers
- Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact:
Deborah Dear – Marketing Manager
PH: 1300 323 752
Baby Boomers Retention Techniques 4.6 out of 5 based on 116 user ratings.