Speed Reading A Financial Review
Does your reading tray continue to get bigger? Are you spending more and more time reading? This course should almost be mandatory for busy financial and/or legal professionals.
Did you know?
- The average professional in Australia reads at a mere 200 words per minute.
- John F Kennedy could read comfortably at 10,000 words per minute.
- Theodore Roosevelt read 2-3 books a day while serving as president.
- Research indicates that people read twice as slowly from a computer.
- You are likely to read in excess of 7000 words today.
- The fastest speed reader in the world reads at 25,000 words per minute.
Imagine being able to double or treble your reading speed and increase your retention levels. You could read all your work documents faster.
The How to Speed Read a Financial Review program is a custom designed course to help participants learn the skill of speed reading. Participants are initially taught the skills of speed reading and then introduced to a strategy for effectively reading technical material. These strategies are then applied to Financial Reviews and specifically The Australian Financial Review. Mind Mapping is introduced as a medium for organising and restructuring comprehension to assist with recall.
The outcomes of this program are improved reading efficiency and the ability to apply speed reading to most work related documents. The techniques employed are based on skills researched by Evelyn Wood in her Masters Thesis on Speed Reading as an effective way to read, analyse and learn.
- How to read the Financial Review, BRW and other publications faster.
- How to increase comprehension levels so that information is retained.
- How to double and treble your current reading speed with ease.
- How to Mind Map for structured understanding.
- How to retain vital information without the need for a re-read.
- How to summarise journals and reports into one page and still not miss critical financial and legal information.
- How to read publications on line faster without printing.
Key learning outcomes
- Improve current reading speed by 2-3 times.
- Improve concentration when reading work related material.
- Develop mind mapping skills to assist with clarity of understanding.
- Increase comprehension levels so that the information is retained
- Improve memory and recall by applying a technical reading strategy.
- Save time by being able to assess the relevance of material prior to committing to a full read.
- Read and research information on the internet faster.
- Get on top of projects by accumulating information faster.
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 - 9 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program. at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: This program can be conducted as a one day or half day program.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: Middle Managers, Senior Managers or CEO's.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email: email@example.com
Earn Accredited CPD Points
As part of your continuous professional development, choose the course that has already got a proven track record within your profession. As a guideline a half day course qualifies as 4 CPD points. Points vary depending on your occupation and industry.
Call our CPD Manager on 1300 323 752 for more information.