Time spent in unproductive meetings means time taken away from other important tasks. In order to be successful, every business meeting needs to receive a return on investment.
Meetings are a good opportunity to generate creative ideas from a group of people who meet in order to achieve an outcome. Meetings can be extremely valuable and productive if run effectively.
What is the effectiveness level of meetings you attend?
Ask yourself the following:
- The meeting starts on time.
- The meeting is conducted in the order set out in the agenda.
- Matters arising from the previous meeting are briefly discussed.
- The agenda is distributed to all members prior to the meeting.
- Members are always aware of the time and venue of the meeting.
- All mobile phones are turned off before entering the meeting room.
- During the meeting, conversation is focused on the topic.
- Everyone listens to each other carefully and is not judgmental.
- All members are encouraged to share their opinions, ideas and suggestions.
- Only one person speaks at a time.
- Each option is individually and objectively examined in order to reach a conclusion.
- All agreements are summarised at the end of the meeting.
- The chairperson is fair, firm and decisive.
- The minutes of the meeting are distributed to all members within 2-3 days.
- Tasks delegated during the meeting are followed up. Your Managing Meetings training program is designed to help organisations be consistent and better organised when conducting business meetings. This program provides participants with tools and techniques on managing meetings more effectively and productively.
Key learning outcomes
Our Managing Meetings program will give participants the skills to:
- Understand what goes wrong in a meeting and why.
- Develop an effective process for conducting future meetings.
- Define and achieve desired outcomes.
- Create levels of trust to encourage open communication
- Allow everybody to be heard and not just the usual suspects
- Ensure that meetings start on time and stay on track.
- Tips and ideas to ensure the chairperson is fulfilling their role
- Bring the meeting back on track when it’s heading in a different direction to the agenda
- Communicate and follow up the agreements reached and tasks delegated.
- Keep records of the meeting.
- Improve teamwork and foster a creative environment.
- Understand the psychology of influencing other people
- Explain different personality styles at a meeting
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 – 10 participants
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: Your Managing Meetings Course can be modified to fit inside your timeframe. If you could make them changes that would be great.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: Anybody who attends more than one unproductive meeting a week
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh – Marketing Manager 1300 323 752 Email: email@example.com
At Preferred Training Networks, we have a wide range of comprehensive courses for you like: dealing with difficult people, dealing with conflict at work, and change management courses.
Managing Meetings Course 4.4 out of 5 based on 43 user ratings.