Plan of action
For most people local government is only about rates and rubbish. However local government provides an extensive and diverse array of services and assets to the local community including planning/building, health services, recreation/leisure and local infrastructure. Because of this diversity, working in local government can be rewarding and challenging.
This course is designed to help participants understand the machinery of local government.
At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to
- Describe the services local government provide
- Outline how councils operate
- Explain how councils make decisions
- Clarify the role of the Councillors and council officers
- Influence better outcomes
- Explain the relationship between local and state government
- Describe how councils fund their services
- Explain the typical planning and budgeting processes used by councils
- Explain the rating process
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size 4 - 12 participants
- Venue For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost
- Duration This program can be conducted as a one day or half day program
- Cost Price on request
- Target Audience Local government staff and managers
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact:
Preferred Training Networks on 1300 323 752
Email: Deborah firstname.lastname@example.org