IMAGINE THE DIFFERENCE IT WOULD MAKE IF YOUR PEOPLE HAD A CLEARER UNDERSTANDING OF THE IMPACT OF PROPOSED POLICIES AND DIRECTIVES. THIS PROGRAM REVOLUTIONISES THINKING STYLES. LEARN WHY YOU THINK THE WAY YOU THINK.
Plan of action
Many organisations and careers crumble as a result of a poorly contemplated policy. The policy may have been a great idea but it had not been thought through rigorously enough. Learn a proven methodology to test the strength of an idea before fruition.
Historical thinking embarrassments
- A motor car company let an accountant influence thinking styles by estimating the cost of paying out the people who died as a result of a mechanical fault. This was less than the cost of a recall. The company took the advice and is still reeling from the decision.
- A notorious leader thought it would be advantageous to bring the entire country back to year zero and set about killing all the educated people in the country.
- In 1900 a politician suggested there was no need for the continued use of patents as everything that needed to be invented had been invented.
- A hospital's management team banned random complaints and all complaints had to be emailed. The orderlies did not have email access so the training budget was spent training orderlies to use email. The human resources department was overwhelmed with email complaints from orderlies testing their new email skills and the policy was abandoned.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this program, participants will possess the skills to:
- Understand why they think the way they think
- Anticipate and accurately predict the impact of policies and procedures
- Remove ambiguity from policies and directives
- Understand different thinking styles of diverse ethnicities
- Understand how matching and mismatching impacts our thinking styles
- Reframe problems to be strategic opportunities
- Understand that there is more than one solution and a one solution methodology is myopic
- Identify and label conditioning thinking styles
- Get beyond SWOT analysis - the next step
- Rely on your intuition and be more self aware
- Be prepared to take mitigated risks and accept 'bad ideas'
- Analyse the 4 models of world's best thinking paradigms
- Think laterally and think on your feet
- De-clutter the mind and regain perspective and context
- Understand the killer impact of assumptions
- Think strategically
- Break away from myopic perspectives and think wholistically
- Learn from "Friends, Romans and countrymen lend me your ears"
- Use the 'Collaborative 4 Step Thinking' methodology
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
Cost: Price on request.
Supervisors, Team Leaders and Management
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email:email@example.com