The interviewing and selection of the right people is core to the success of any organisation. The cost of interview and selection can be very high if the wrong decision is made.
All hiring managers need to understand how to add value to their organisation when hiring. This can be done by following a selection of processes that are proven to be effective.
HOW GOOD ARE YOUR INTERVIEW AND SELECTION SKILLS?
Ask yourself the following:
1. I know the importance of the job description and how it attracts specific candidates.
2. I know what to write and where to advertise.
3. I maintain focus on the job description when screening applicants.
4. I can identify the criteria to match the correct applicants to the role.
5. I recognise legal implications during the recruitment process.
6. I plan and prepare for a selection interview.
7. I recognise the best selection techniques.
8. I know how to structure an interview.
9. I use behavioural interviewing techniques to address selection criteria.
10. I evaluate candidates in an interview accurately.
11. I create a calm environment during the interview to promote conversation.
12. I project a professional demeanour during interviews to calm the candidate.
13. I use effective questioning techniques to get information from the candidate.
14. I give constructive feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
15. I recognise the need to check up on referees.
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of this course participants will be able to:
WOULD YOU LIKE TO ATTEND THIS PROGRAM?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: Your Interviewing and Selection Skills Course can be modified to fit inside your timeframe.
Cost: Price on request.
Target Audience: Any managers that conduct interviewing and selection for their organisation.