“A vision without a strategy remains an illusion” – L Bolman
“Strategy” must be one of the most understood words in organisations. People often leave meetings remarking that the meeting was very “strategic.” Indeed, a single utterance of the word’s “strategy” or “strategic” make everyone feel good. Alas, the problem is that most organisation don’t have a clear strategy. Or worse, they have a good strategy but fail to clearly communicate the strategy.
Here’s an exercise the next time you’re in the elevator with a colleague. Ask your colleague to articulate your organisations strategy. The kicker is that if your reports fail to articulate the strategy then the problem lies at your feet.
NUTS AND BOLTS
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this course is best conducted as an in-house program.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this course at your workplace. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: Each course can be tailored to suit your timeframes.
Look at what you receive within 24 hours at no cost:
• An obligation free proposal
• A bio of a proposed trainer
• Training cost
Key Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Clearly communicate your organisational strategy
• Articulate your organisations objectives
• State your short, medium and long-term goals for the organisation
• Conduct a quick SWOT analysis
• Conduct a quick PEST analysis
• Determine the root cause of conflict in the organisation
• Agree to eliminate unnecessary recurring problems
• Consider a Start Stop Keep model to identify useful behaviours
• Link your strategic objectives to workforce planning
• State your key contingency plans for risks