A strategic thinking course / strategic planning course from Preferred Training Networks will help you excel at your workplace.
What is strategic thinking? Strategic thinking involves thinking differently about what we do. Many of us tend to make decisions with short term thinking - as something arises we respond with a decision. People must think while they act, not in a step-by-step way towards a known goal but in irregular ways.
Strategic thinking combines right brain intuitive, creative, imaginative thought with left brain analytical, quantitative activity in as much or as little depth as necessary, to reach the desired end result.
Typical strategy errors
- Ignoring what customer's/client's value.
- 'Shotgun' approach: Blast away and hope to hit the target.
- Not Walking the Talk: We tell the customers/clients we value x, y, and z above all else, but then spend our time, effort, and money on a, b, and c.
- Blinders: So blinded by current strategy, culture, systems, & practices, that we become unable to identify new opportunities, unable to see the world in new ways, unable to listen to our stakeholders.
- Unwillingness to learn, experiment, or take risks and an unwillingness to encourage others to do the same.
Strategic thinking involves thinking ahead to what can happen; identifying what can go wrong, and preparing for these eventualities. This can also be called long term planning. It assists us to be proactive and plan ahead. In this manner, our decisions are based on clear facts rather than emotional or reactive responses. Planning is the activity of bridging the gap mentally from where you are now, to where you want to be in the future in terms of accomplishing a task. When work processes go out of control, it is often because insufficient time and effort has been invested at the initial planning stage.
Key learning outcomes
Your Strategic Thinking & Planning program will give participants the skills to:
- Think ahead and thinking big picture.
- Become more proactive.
- Understand the lifecycle of planning.
- Focus on outputs/results.
- Undertake long term planning and contingency planning.
- Use experience to guide future action.
- Identify characteristics of profitable and successful organisations.
- Determine "best practice" that can be incorporated into daily operations.
- Implement risk management strategies throughout your organisation.
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: Your Strategic Thinking & Planning Course can be modified to fit inside your timeframe. If you could make them changes that would be great.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: Employees, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Senior Managers or CEO's.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email:email@example.com
Looking for more professional training programs? Take a look at our report writing training course, leadership management training, and performance management training.
Strategic Thinking & Planning 4.4 out of 5 based on 58 user ratings.