“You need to engage the reader with policy and procedure writing. The reader needs to understand the ‘why’ and the ‘consequences,’ otherwise you’re just treading water.” – P Quinn
Policies and procedures act as the “how to” in your organisation. A misinterpreted or mistaken policy can cause enormous harm to an organisation.
Some policies are too long and impossible to understand. Other policies are wafer thin and serve no useful purpose.
So, if you’d like to improve how your policies are written and communicated then this course is perfect.
NUTS AND BOLTS
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this course is best conducted as an in-house program.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this course at your workplace. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: Each course can be tailored to suit your timeframes.
Target Audience: Document control teams
Look at what you receive within 24 hours at no cost:
• An obligation free proposal
• A bio of a proposed trainer
• Training cost
Key Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Structure your written policy
• Communicate the need for the policy
• Capture the readers interest in the opening lines
• Understand how to convey key messages coherently and concisely
• Establish an easy to follow structure
• Eliminate blotage and confusing information
• Discover how to write/structure a procedural manual
• Use an instructional design guide for policies and procedures
• Utilise headings and categories to guide the reader
• Outline consequences for failure to meet organisation standards