OPEN PLAN OPEN MIND
Strategies to make open plan work for you
It wasn’t that long ago that organisations were worried about how employees would react to non smoking in the workplace. Open Plan working is becoming the norm nowadays. You wouldn’t want to be a builder specialising in partitions these days.
Some employees take to open plan like ducks to water. Other employees notch up the grumble index hoping that the partitions will return. This course is for all employees. Discover some strategies to make open plan work for you.
“Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans”
- John Lennon
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the conclusion of the course participants will be able to:
- set aside 10 mins every day to plan the day’s activities
- anticipate serial interrupters and devise a plan to minimise these disruptions
- discuss the do’s and don’ts of hot desking
- discuss what tangible and intangible cues are available to limit drop by visitors
- agree on reporting structures when something is broken e.g. (table, chair, screen). Resist the urge to pass the problem on
- agree the booking structure for meeting rooms
- anticipate when it’s a full house and make contingency plans
- encourage everyone to keep the shared spaces clean and tidy
- communicate when extra people will be visiting
- demonstrate methods of communicating that you’re busy (without causing offence)
- discuss the impact of body language in open plan
- discuss the tricky 3 B’s of Open Plan (Body Odour, Bad Breath, Backbiting)
- reframe lingering negative ideas about working in open plan
- conduct an appreciative inquiry on what the perfect open plan office would look like
- rearrange your desk space to streamline your workflow
NUTS AND BOLTS
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your workplace. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: Each course can be tailored to your timeframes.
Target Audience: Managers and staff
Look at what you receive within 24 hours at no cost:
- an obligation free proposal
- a program outline
- a bio of a proposed trainer
- training cost
- possible training dates (if requested)
Email: Deborah | firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone 1300 323 752