Why DO YOU THINK we WERE born with two ears and only one mouth? Were we meant to listen twice as much as we talk? HOW can we make fair and objective decisions while listening? Can we really decide impartially as we all have 'mental models' and 'should manuals'?
Plan of action
How many times in your organisation does a minor disagreement explode into a full-scale dispute? Most disagreements are the result of a perceived value imbalance. This program was designed to give managers better listening skills and the ability to make fairer decisions. This controversial program upsets the applecart. Your people will be challenged and they will learn how their emotional intelligence and emotional suitcase impacts both their listening style and their decision-making style.
- How to build objectivity into your decision-making styles
- How to use precedents and examples to explain your thinking style
- How to avoid the urge to oversimplify and compartmentalise
- How to actively listen
- How to identify the impact of conditioning in your decision-making styles
- How to understand that fairness is perception based and not right and wrong
- How to identify and use the 5 different levels of listening
- How to use pause and body language techniques to keep people talking
- How to mirror body language
Key Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this program, participants will possess the skills to:
- Ask critical questions
- Communicate fairness parameters
- Use context connectivity tools
- Be intuitive and read between the lines
- Communicate decisions using NLP communication techniques
- Harness the power of emotional intelligence
- Substitute disinterested vocabulary
- Back up decision making with primary and secondary data
- Interpret rules and regulations
- Report any errant observations that you believe may be problematic
- Avoid symptomatic verbal responses
- Use laddering techniques to get to the core of the issue
- Search for agreement using repositioning disciplines
- Frame decisions with tactic concessions
- Apply active listening and paraphrasing
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size 4 - 12 participants.
- Venue For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program
- Duration This program can be tailored to meet your requirements.
- Cost Price on request.
- Target Audience Supervisors, Team Leaders and Management.
Would you like to attend this program?
at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website today www.preftrain.com