Typically, teams start off full of enthusiasm. New and exciting challenges lie ahead. Team members are keen to be involved and to contribute to the team’s success.
Unfortunately, this initial enthusiasm wanes. Personalities and egos begin to surface and impact negatively on team morale and performance.
Too many new teams become dysfunctional because they are not managed effectively. Internal differences abound leading to an implosion. The imploded team then gets replaced by another enthusiastic new team. And the cycle continues...
Team members need to be clear about their roles and feel comfortable with the new team environment. The manager or team leader needs to provide clear leadership and vision while at the same time creating a functional team environment.
- Understanding team dynamics & team roles
- Task versus maintenance
- Addressing poor performance and/or poor behaviours
- Establishing clear boundaries
- Averting typical team dysfunctions
- Setting the team vision
- Deliberate leadership
Key Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- Facilitate a positive team environment
- Identify team dynamics
- Describe key team and group roles
- Establish clear role boundaries between and amongst team members
- Differentiate between task and maintenance functions
- Identify symptoms of typical team dysfunction
- Develop strategies for averting team dysfunction
- Develop a team vision
- Select appropriate leadership style to encourage team development
"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success."
- Henry Ford
Nuts and Bolts
- Group Size: An ideal group size is 6 – 10 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your offices. Alternatively, we can provide a venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: This course can be adapted to fit with your timeframe.
- Cost: Upon request.
- Target Audience: A New Team or an Inherited Existing Team
Look at what you receive within 24 hours at no cost:
- a program outline
- a bio of a proposed facilitator
- program cost
- possible dates (if requested)