Interpersonal Skills for Gen Y Gen X and Baby Boomers
There are 3 generations currently in the workplace - learn to influence and communicate better with different generations. Communication and interpersonal skills are subjective and it's very easy to misunderstand a colleague, manager or partner. There is abundance of evidence that the number one issue in most workplaces stem from a communication issue. There are now 3 distinct generations in the workplace and they each have different generational communication styles.
Communication tips for different generations
You simply can't have a one size fits all communication approach. Different generations will interpret your message differently. If you would like some workplace communication tips then don't miss this communication skills program tailor made for each generation.
Influencing Baby Boomers, Gen X and Gen Y employees
Each generation has a different influencing style. If you are looking for an outcome, make sure you understand generational influencing styles. You may want to influence Gen Y employees to stay or you may want to influence Baby Boomers to coach Gen X and Y employees. Call today for more information on our professional development training programs for different generations in the workplace.
How good are you at communicating with different generations?
Ask yourself the following:
- I don't finish people's sentences for them.
- I understand what other people are saying.
- I can pick up intuitively when my message is unclear.
- I can easily see things from a different generational perspective.
- I focus on the issue at hand not on the person.
- I listen more than I talk during a conversation.
- I understand the psychology of influencing.
- I always ask my listeners if they are following my line of thought.
- I always ask for clarification and explanation when I don't understand something.
- I seldom interrupt someone when he/she is saying something.
- I never jump to conclusions.
- I do not use the one size fits all communication approach.
- I understand how different generations interpret messages and I am aware of different decision making styles.
- I never raise my voice during a conversation.
- I understand the motivations and drives of different generations.
- I can easily express my feelings and opinions even when others don't share them.
- I am always aware of my listener's expressions and emotional reactions.
- I admit and apologise for my mistakes and take criticism positively.
Your G3 - Interpersonal Skills for 3 Different Generations program can be custom designed. The program will provide techniques and strategies that will enable different generations in your workplace to effectively handle difficult situations and communicate more openly with their colleagues.
Key learning outcomes
Your G3 - Interpersonal Skills for 3 Different Generations program will give participants the skills to:
- Professionally communicate with different generations.
- Understand different personality styles and how to match your communication style.
- Understand the motivations and drives of different generations.
- Handle requests that cannot be met, or are outside the scope of your responsibility.
- Turn difficult customers and clients into opportunities for the organisation.
- Understand how to influence different generations.
- Get discretionary effort from different generations.
- Resolve conflict by substituting likely inflammatory words.
- Punctuate your communications with pauses and tonality changes and see the difference.
- Set clearer expectations.
- Remove role ambiguity which causes unnecessary tensions among different generations.
- Monitor progress and be prepared in advance for tough conversations.
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: Employees, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Senior Managers or CEO's.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website today.