A Practical Transparent Guide to Embrace the Benefits of this Important Charter
This program is designed specifically for local government. This program will help everyone to consider the charter in their decision making in the workplace. This program will show participants that they can adhere to the charter confidently, seamlessly and transparently in their day to day activities.
Our human rights are essential and shouldn't be taken for granted
Ask yourself the following:
- I have a very good working knowledge of the charter of human rights.
- I ensure our internal and external communications are in line with the charter.
- I focus on the problem and not the person.
- I take responsibility of any failures and avoid blame shifting.
- I do not give people unreasonable ultimatums. E.g. My way or the highway.
- I am very tolerant of other cultures and beliefs.
- I consider the charter when making decisions.
- I never appear threatening or overbearing.
- I listen to other people's opinions.
- I understand that people have different values and therefore different behaviours.
- I do not overburden people with too many tasks and deadlines.
- I feel free to express myself.
- I am aware of privacy laws and how they affect the workplace.
- I communicate with everybody fairly.
- I appreciate differences in cultures and beliefs.
Key learning outcomes Embedding the Charter of Human Rights into Local Government Decision Making
will give your people the skills to:
- Apply freedom of expression at work.
- Ensure internal and external messages are congruent with the charter.
- Recognise culture impacts and how values, patterns of behaviour and thinking carve out our unique personality.
- Choose appropriate behaviours and communication styles that build more effective relationships with other people.
- Learn to appreciate differences in cultures and beliefs.
- Identify barriers to communication and develop strategies for preventing communication breakdowns.
- Draft some short hypotheticals of what is likely to happen in your department.
- Embrace the charter of human rights as an opportunity for local government to provide even better levels of service.
- Explore individual decision making processes.
- Manage yourself effectively to free yourself from any restrictions.
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as a practical experiential program.
Target Audience: Supervisors, Team Leaders, Senior Managers or CEO's. You may choose to conduct this program with an internal or external focus (or both). Alternatively you may choose to target a specific group eg Local Laws, Policy etc.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: Your Embedding the Charter of Human Rights into LG Decision Making Course can be modified to fit inside your timeframe. If you could make them changes that would be great..
Cost: Price on request.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Carlisle - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org