Delegate responsibly and liberate yourself from multiple tasks
The objective of delegating tasks is to get the task/job done by someone else. If practiced properly, delegation of tasks can help save time and costs for any organisation. People often fail to effectively delegate tasks due to reasons such as fear of letting go, losing control or lack of confidence in other people's abilities. Learning to delegate involves many critical functions including planning, organising, coordinating, motivating, communicating and influencing.
Here is a way to find out how good you are at delegating and letting go. Ask yourself the following:
- I delegate tasks that are not cost effective for me to carry out.
- I make a list of tasks that I want to delegate.
- I believe delegation is not very time consuming.
- I select people who are capable and willing to perform the task.
- I am not afraid that the employee will make mistakes.
- I provide all necessary information to the person carrying out the task.
- I find out what the employee already knows about the task.
- I clearly define the authority and responsibility of each person carrying out the task.
- I establish deadlines and milestones.
- I monitor progress and give feedback.
- I empower people by letting them use their own mind and creativity to complete the task.
- I always follow up with the person whom I delegate the task to.
- I give credit to the employee when a task is successfully completed.
- People who are good at delegating generally score "Yes" to 9 of these questions. If you scored less, you should think about learning how to improve your delegation skills.
Key learning outcomes
Your Delegation and Letting Go Skills program will give participants the skills to:
- Understand the meaning of delegation.
- Learn delegation techniques.
- Feel comfortable delegating upwards, downwards and sideways.
- Understand how delegation can help your organisation.
- Discover why delegation fails.
- Influence better outcomes.
- Calibrate your "Letting Go" scales.
- Learn and practice the effective delegation process.
- Balance your workpile with the 4D's approach.
- Scan the environment and upgrade systems.
- Practice the art of undoing behaviours.
- Critique the behaviours of the world's greatest delegators.
- Identify the telltale signs of people sabotaging delegated tasks.
- Use project management skills to delegate and stay on top of deadlines.
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: Your Delegation Course can be modified to fit inside your timeframe. If you could make them changes that would be great..
- Cost:Price on request.
- Target Audience:Employees, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Senior Managers or CEO's
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Carlisle - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website today.
Delegation Skills Course 4.2 out of 5 based on 46 user ratings.