Having conversations with people in difficult situations is sometimes rewarding and sometimes not. These people can get confused and frustrated. They can vent their anger at an authority whom they perceive as a barrier. This course helps participants deflect anger and set boundaries to reach outcomes.
This program is designed to assist participants to effectively deal with people facing difficult situations. Through an experiential learning process participants will be guided through a journey of understanding as well as specific skill development in the areas of reflective listening, rapport building, developing self awareness, assertiveness and delighting in diversity. Participants will leave with a greater understanding of how their performance and behaviour can make a huge difference to people in tough situations.
- Communicate with style.
- Display empathy with the person.
- Deflect and/or redirect anger and stay positive.
- Practice transactional analysis techniques.
- Keep the conversation focussed and reposition suggestions to hit the mark.
- Use interruption techniques to reduce venting.
- Practice active listening and questioning skills.
- Practice voice control and tonality techniques.
- Search for easy concessions that are of high value to other parties.
- Set behavioural boundaries.
- Understand the different roles the person is assuming.
Key learning outcomes
Your 'Dealing with very emotional people facing difficult situations' program will give you the skills to:
- Identify root cause of the challenging situation.
- Use reflective listening techniques.
- Widen the perspective to capture any underlying concerns.
- View people as well intentioned.
- Blueprint the customer's experience.
- Rework your communication style - introduction to NLP techniques.
- Tailor messages instead of a one size fits all approach.
- Remain positive even when the going gets tough.
- Conduct a connection audit.
- Be more intuitive.
- Embed a service recovery plan when the service delivery is failing.
- Communicate more effectively with different cultures, generations and personalities.
- Substitute vocabulary that can add fuel to the fire.
- Understand that people have different values and therefore different behaviours.
- Manage your reactions and learn to relax.
- Set boundaries clearly and effectively.
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: Employees, Supervisors and Managers.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email:email@example.com
Dealing with Emotional People Course 4.4 out of 5 based on 63 user ratings.