At some point in your career you will find yourself dealing with difficult people. Sometimes you'll be dealing with difficult internal people. Other times you might be managing a difficult customer. Whether it's your direct manager, a team member, a colleague or even a customer, difficult people can be tricky, challenging and draining. Too many night's sleeps are disturbed due to both managing difficult people and managing self reactions.
Would you like to learn ways to better manage difficult people? The keys to dealing with difficult people are to focus on the immediate behaviour, diffuse the situation as quickly as possible and to understand why they are difficult.
This course is impartial and doesn't look for blame. It finds solutions and everyone leaves with a practical dealing with difficult people toolkit and is one of our highest recommended courses as it gets to the heart of the matter. Through an experiential learning process participants will be guided through a journey of understanding as well as specific skill development in the areas of reflective listening, rapport building, developing self awareness, assertiveness and delighting in diversity. This program will give you greater insight into the mechanics of difficult behaviour and how you can develop and implement simple yet effective strategies to better manage difficult people.
How well do you deal with difficult people?
Answer Yes or No to the following questions
- I lie awake more than once a week anticipating a difficult conversation
- I lie awake more than once a week replaying a recent difficult conversation
- I sometimes fly off the handle over something minor
- We seem to shift from chaos to chaos rather than pursuing our strategic objectives
- People avoid telling me about things I won't be pleased about
- There is often a feeling of high tension in the air
- Mistakes are hidden under the carpet
- We often rehash the same difficulties over and over again
- We pay more attention on finding someone to blame rather than fixing the problem
- There are often heated arguments in the workplace
- Resentment levels are high in the workplace
- There is a lack of trust in the workplace.
If you have answered Yes to 6 or more of these questions then this course is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED
Our Dealing with Difficult People course will give participants the skills to:
- Build rapport to generate relationships where none exists.
- Use reflective listening to gain an understanding of others.
- Develop self awareness and the willingness to change behaviour.
- View people as well intentioned.
- Plan your communication style and profile their personality style to reduce anxiety and stress levels.
- Understand what motivates other people.
- Use time management techniques to ensure your services are delivered on time.
- Avoid/Substitute vocabulary that can add fuel to the fire.
- Understand that people have different values and therefore different behaviours.
This program can be conducted as in house training at your offices.
- Group Size: An ideal group size is 6 -10 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your offices. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: Each course can be tailored to your needs.
- Cost: Upon request.
- Target Audience: Managers, Team Leaders, Supervisors and Staff who encounter difficult internal and/or external people.
Follow us in Google plus: Niall Kennedy
The team at Preferred Training Networks can also provide you comprehensive training on: conflict resolution skills, leadership management training, and professional development training.