As children we were probably reminded that the world is not fair. Everybody has to face challenging situations. This program helps you reframe the situations and focus your energy on getting the best outcomes. This program is designed to assist participants to cope effectively with situations which could be classified as 'challenging'. Through an experiential learning process, participants will be guided through a journey of understanding as well as specific skill development in the areas of reflective listening, rapport building, developing self-awareness, assertiveness and delighting in diversity.
1. Identify and label each challenging situation.
2. Focus on the root causes rather than symptoms.
3. Deflect anger and stay positive.
4. Think on your feet.
5. Understand the concept of making a strategic withdrawal.
6. Using interruption techniques to reduce venting.
7. Reframe the situation positively.
8. Search for concessions that are of high value to other parties.
9. Reporting and knowledge management.
Key learning outcomes
At the conclusion of the 'Dealing with Challenging Situations' program, you will be able to:
- Develop rapport to generate relationships where none exist.
- Identify root cause of the challenging situation.
- Use reflective listening to gain an understanding of the situation.
- Widen your perspective to capture stakeholder concerns.
- View people as well intentioned.
- Discover your communication style.
- Create feedback loops.
- Remain positive even when the going gets tough.
- Conduct a 30 second personal safety audit.
- Be more intuitive.
- Avoid/substitute vocabulary that can add fuel to the fire.
- Understand that people have different values and therefore different behaviours.
- Manage the reactions of yourself and others.
- Create boundaries clearly and effectively.
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: Employees, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Senior Managers or CEOs.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact:
Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager
PH: 03 9805 8000
Dealing with Challenging Situations
4.5 out of
based on 118 user ratings.