Courageous conversations are a critical part of Performance Management. They are also the hardest part as many people dislike conflict and avoid having these tough conversations. This program shows you a proven methodology of dovetailing performance management techniques and having tough conversations to raise the bar.
The program works best if it is split over 2 sessions.
The first session is an experiential learning session taking participants through world's best performance management practices. This includes managing reactions, preparing a plan, being assertive and being impartial.
Interval of at least 24 hours - Between the sessions participants identify performance gaps and opportunities. Participants are required to bring a proposed conversation action plan for each of their reports.
This session has a practical 'hands on' approach. Participants are taken out of their comfort zones and conduct demo courageous conversations. The conversations are critiqued and the feedback helps participants continuously improve and simultaneously gain confidence in their abilities to have tough conversations.
Key learning outcomes
The Performance Management session gives participants the skills to:
- Plan a performance management session.
- Understand how to give and receive feedback.
- Predict reactions and be strategic.
- Construct rapport even if it appears none exists.
- Fit your performance plans with your organisational objectives.
- Focus on behavioural and performance metrics.
- Apply an assertiveness culture.
The Courageous Conversations session gives participants the skills to:
- Be very specific about any desired changes.
- Understand what games people will play to 'widen the goalposts'.
- Correctly identify and label poor performance.
- Explain the benefits of making the change.
- Develop self control into performance discussions.
- Negotiate boundaries with staff.
- Use the GROW model to prevent misunderstandings of performance expectations.
- Establish motivational techniques to reach objectives - What works and what does not?
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: Supervisors, Middle Managers, Senior Managers and CEOs.
If you would like more information on this training program, Please contact:
Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager
PH: 03 9805 8000
Courageous Conversations And Managing Performance
4.4 out of
based on 106 user ratings.