Consult: to seek information or advice with specialist knowledge on a particular subject.
Here’s a paradox. “Consultant” is often understood by consultants. These consultants don’t actually know how to consult. What about your telco consultants working in the call centres? Surely, they are not consulting if they are just trying to sell up the most expensive phone plan.
A true consultant listens to the client’s circumstances. The true consultant weaves together a solution for the client. Ultimately, a true consultant has the client’s best interest at heart.
NUTS AND BOLTS
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this course is best conducted as an in-house program.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this course at your workplace. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: Each course can be tailored to suit your timeframes.
Look at what you receive within 24 hours at no cost:
• An obligation free proposal
• A bio of a proposed trainer
• Training cost
Key Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Demonstrate effective consulting skills
• Practice improved strategies in working with others
• Have a look at the consulting gurus – what strategies do they use
• Illustrate effective problem-solving skills
• Develop trust with your client
• Practise active listening
• Analyse the Appreciative Inquiry model
• Ask questions to understand rather than to persuade
• Convey logical reasoning
• Discuss what you should do when a client’s needs are outside your scope
• Discuss ways to get a bigger share of the pie by working collaboratively