Command skills are a situational tool and are imperative in certain instances particularly when personal safety is an issue. Command skills are proven ways to take people out of their comfort zones. Some people have an apocryphal view of command skills. Their interpretation is wrong. One obvious example is someone shouting instructions at another person in an agitated manner
Plan of action
Even the best commanders in the world know not to overuse command skills. However, many leaders completely under use their command skills to the detriment of the organisation. Command skills are a situational tool and are imperative in certain instances particularly when personal safety is at risk.
The 10 commandments of Command Skills:
1. Ensure your command tonality and vocabulary is authoritative
2. Use command skills as situational tools
3. Beware of command lethargy and indifference
4. Develop your assertiveness skills
5. Communicate instructions clearly and remove any ambiguity
6. Tailor SMART commands
7. Communicate the repercussions if your commands are not carried out exactly
8. Integrate motivation with your commander communication style
9. Walk the talk
10. Strategically use the "acrobat wobble" for impact in this program we will look at the command styles of some of the world's most influential and commanding leaders: Muhammed Ali, Churchill, Gandhi, Obama, Clinton, John Howard, Disraeli, Stalin, Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Gulliani and some of your industry leaders.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S Patton
Key learning outcomes
At the conclusion of this program participants will possess the skills to:
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
Cost: Price on request.
Target Audience: Supervisors, Team Leaders and Management.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org