Anticipating workplace problems and being willing to take risks in the workplace could be described as a balancing act. Some organisations move at a glacial pace and miss so many opportunities because of fear of failure and unwillingness to challenge the status quo. Quite often employees and managers default to the apparent safety of travelling the path of least resistance rather than following their strategic direction. Designed to shatter complacency, if you would like to stretch performance with a proven methodology, then don't miss this breakthrough course.
Key Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of this program participants will possess the skills to:
- Discuss the reasons that hinder people taking risks
- Learn how to use the appreciative inquiry methodology of problem solving
- Critiques Senge's findings on how unanticipated outcomes can be minimised
- Differentiate the problem solving styles of reports, managers and peers
- Rid the organisation of recurring problems (imagine the difference that makes)
- Contrast micro management with empowerment techniques
- Deal with difficult people
- Be more aware of the cycle of problems
- Identify lost opportunities that the organisation has missed
- Critique Pffeffer and Sutton's findings in "The Knowing Doing Gap"
- S-t-r-e-t-c-h performance goals
- Label behaviours that smother creativity
- Stamp out poor behaviours and attitudes before they escalate
Would you like to attend this program?
- Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost
- Duration: This program can be conducted as a one day or half day program
- Cost: Price on request
- Target Audience: Supervisors, Team Leaders and Management