A rough translation of a 14th century monastic scribe suggests that ambiguity was invented because the romans were ruling the world too well. When ambiguity was introduced all their and commands went astray.
Plan of action
Ambiguity causes havoc in communications. Due to our cultural upbringing and our conditioning we perceive the world differently to everyone else. Our clear as crystal instructions are clear as mud to other people. By developing contrast skills we will learn to chip away at the edge of our perceptive world and see a much bigger picture.
- How to identify workplace ambiguity tell tale signs.
- How to overcome the 4 most common types of ambiguity in a workplace.
- How to communicate with clarity.
- How to appreciate the influence of contrast.
- How to understand the cognitive urge to chunk information.
- How to identify people who use ambiguity as a tool to not comply.
- How to get 'task saboteurs' to follow instructions.
- How to appreciate different decision making styles.
- How to use NLP communication skills to reduce workplace ambiguity.
"Those who write clearly have readers, those who write obscurely have commentators." - Abraham Lincoln
Key learning outcomes
At the conclusion of this program participants will learn the skills to:
- Immediately rid your organisation of the number one cause of conflict in the workplace - role ambiguity.
- Recognise the pull power of contrast.
- Frame situations according to the receivers NLP style.
- Communicate with style.
- Understand why some people deliberately sabotage tasks.
- Write with clarity.
- Understand how chit chat and small talk minimises workplace ambiguity.
- Build a culture that thrives on dialogue and feedback.
- Apply 4 clarity skills to every email you send.
- Remove ambiguous vocabulary from the workplace.
- Remove career ambiguity perceptions.
- Orbit your organisation to identify contrasting opinions.
- Celebrate diversity ion the workplace.
- Communicate more effectively with different ethnicities.
- Get past common difficulties when giving instructions to ESL staff.
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
Ideal group size: 4 - 12 participants.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
Cost: Price on request.
Target Audience: Supervisors, Team Leaders and Management
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org