When you size people up correctly, you have an opportunity to maximise their abilities. When you misfire and get it wrong, all of those opportunities will never be fully materialised. Learn how we speed read people unconsciously.
Plan of action
Our minds are conditioned as we go through life. Our minds chunk information as a heuristic tool. We make assumptions continuously even though we may not be aware of it.
This program helps people move from sizing up people objectively to strategically. People leave footprints and impressions of their values and likely behaviours. Learn this skill and you will have a trust network of value that can be relied upon. Learn how halo effects and similar thinking styles impact character assumptions.
“Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
Did you know . . .
Tall people get paid more per annum.
People think peers are taller than they are and direct reports are shorter than they are.
Taller women are more assertive
Key learning outcomes
At the conclusion of this program, participants will possess the skills to:
• Understand interpretation and learning styles
• Gain clarity and context quickly
• Speed read personality types and gestures
• Understand Gladwell’s finding on first impressions
• Understand how the mind craves to chunk information
• Use strategic questioning techniques to unearth core values
• Use hypotheticals to test judgment styles
• Remove the halo effect and stay focused
• Speed read body language
• Speed read eye movements
• Calibrate authenticity levels
• Understand what drives different people
• Mirror the person’s gestures and open a different level of understanding
• Test assumptions using the laddering technique
• Strategically interrupt comfortable prose and allow for stumbling
• Understand the tricks and gambits people play to be liked
• Practice voice techniques
• Use active listening and questioning skills
Would you like to attend this program?
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh – Marketing Manager 1300 323 752 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org