In the midst of economic crisis, the need to communicate with difficult debtors is becoming more common in the marketplace. In order to achieve maximum debt recovery, an appropriate strategy outlining key processes and skills needs to be embedded. By developing existing collection skills employees will become more confident, assertive and motivated to obtain more win-win deals and quicker debt collection skills.
How good is your team getting quicker payments?
Ask yourself the following about your team?
- We develop strategies to work effectively with difficult debtors.
- We actively listen to what the other person has to say.
- We understand the integrative negotiation and the importance of mutually beneficial relationships.
- We use effective communication skills when dealing with ‘late’ debtors.
- We understand and are confident when confronted with abusive debtors.
- We are capable of guiding the customer to a state in which there is a willingness to pay.
- We apply appropriate behaviour in order to strengthen business relationships.
- We project a positive, professional but appropriately determined attitude in dealing with difficult people.
- We use motivation rather than coercion as a persuasion method.
- We can communicate confidently with all debtors or potential clients.
- We conclude negotiations amicable.
- We ensure expectations are understood.
- We change our communication style for each individual.
- We profile the client during each conversation.
- We overcome objections quickly and professionally.
Your ‘HOW TO GET PAID QUICKER’ program focuses upon key negotiating and influencing skills when dealing with slow paying or difficult debtors. This program is designed to help participants build confidence and develop the necessary skills and techniques to become cleverer and more assertive. Key learning outcomes: Your ‘HOW TO GET PAID QUICKER’ program will give participants the skills to:
- Understand the importance of negotiation to gain better outcomes for the organisation and identify how to better prepare and plan before each and every negotiation.
- Determine which negotiating style is most appropriate for each situation.
- Gain control in every negotiation (without coming across as contentious).
- Use effective listening, questioning and probing skills to improve the chances of gaining a better result for the organisation, while allowing the other parties to feel that they have received a good outcome from the negotiation too.
- Use motivation rather than coercion as a persuasion method.
- Project a positive, professional but appropriately determined attitude when dealing with difficult situations or customers.
- Agree action plans and remove any possibility of miscommunication.
- Collect the payments and maintain a profitable relationship with the client.
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 – 12 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: All people involved in credit control, invoicing and the collection money – Managers, Employees, Accounts Team, Sales Teams and Account Executives.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh – Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org