This program is designed to assist participants to effectively deal with people facing difficult situations. Through an experiential learning process participants will be guided through a journey of understanding as well as specific skill development in the areas of reflective listening, rapport building, developing self awareness, assertiveness and delighting in diversity. Participants will leave with a greater understanding of how their performance and behaviour can make a huge difference to people in tough situations.
- Communicate with style.
- Display empathy with the person.
- Deflect and/or redirect anger and stay positive.
- Practice transactional analysis techniques.
- Keep the conversation focussed and reposition suggestions to hit the mark.
- Use interruption techniques to reduce venting.
- Practice active listening and questioning skills.
- Practice voice control and tonality techniques.
- Search for easy concessions that are of high value to other parties.
- Set behavioural boundaries.
- Understand the different roles the person is assuming.
Key learning outcomes
Your ‘Dealing with very emotional people facing difficult situations’ program will give you the skills to:
- Identify root cause of the challenging situation.
- Use reflective listening techniques.
- Widen the perspective to capture any underlying concerns.
- View people as well intentioned.
- Blueprint the customer’s experience.
- Rework your communication style – introduction to NLP techniques.
- Tailor messages instead of a one size fits all approach.
- Remain positive even when the going gets tough.
- Conduct a connection audit.
- Be more intuitive.
- Embed a service recovery plan when the service delivery is failing.
- Communicate more effectively with different cultures, generations and personalities.
- Substitute vocabulary that can add fuel to the fire.
- Understand that people have different values and therefore different behaviours.
- Manage your reactions and learn to relax.
- Set boundaries clearly and effectively.
Would you like to attend this program?
- For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
- Ideal group size: 4 – 12 participants.
- Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
- Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
- Cost: Price on request.
- Target Audience: Employees, Supervisors and Managers.
If you would like more information on this training program, please contact: Melinda Kavanagh – Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email:email@example.com
Dealing with Emotional People Course 4.4 out of 5 based on 63 user ratings.