Top 7 Tips for Conducting Employee - Focused Innovative Training Programs
Posted Date: 2016-09-17
Although professional employee training programs have become the major aspect of employee development programs, their effectiveness is often debated. This is because, offering even the best of the training programs might not increase employee efficiency. This is exactly where innovative employee-focused training programs should be considered. These programs are specifically targeted towards the overall growth of the employees.
Today, several professionals are exploring opportunities to get trained, connect and engage themselves in innovative training programs that up skill their capabilities. Training employees with innovative skills is certainly a big deal, as it involves a lot of details, which can go wrong. Having said that, every business would certainly want to get such training programs right in the very first attempt to drive maximum value to the organization.
Here are some important elements, which are worth considering, if you are planning to implement innovative training programs in your organization.
- Aligning the Training Approach with the Existing Processes: Although there are several approaches to innovation, it is important for the training to align with the existing approaches and processes of the organization. These training programs should entail information on the innovative program’s priorities, corporate as well as business units. Besides, including information on various tools and channels that are available to the employees will make them feel equipped and trigger their innovative thinking.
- Addressing the Needs of the Intended Target Audience: Preparing the training content and approaches based on specific employee segment is the best way to execute innovative training programs. This is because, it is the only way to address all the concerns of your intended target audience. For example, employees in senior positions may benefit from personalized and in-person experiences. However, economic pressures might dictate more cost-effective and scalable approaches when it comes to junior employees.
- Using Engaging Formats: Innovative training programs get your employees to think about applying the current approaches in an innovative way to their routine tasks. Hybrid offline/online training models are the best way to effectively address such issues.
- Keeping up the Fire After Training: Although innovative training might gear up your staff, they might just turn cold soon after the training. Following it up with booster courses is the best way to keep up the spirit of your employees. Next, recognizing and rewarding employees who manage to implement the learnt changes will also make the training successful.
- Considering the Long-Term Perspective: Evaluating how useful the employees will be after the training is an effective way to make innovative training programs successful. Therefore, evaluating your long-term goals and aligning the training around this will enable the organization to reap maximum benefits.
- Having Appropriate Metrics in Place: Running innovation programs within an organization can be extremely tricky. When you try to create a sense of innovation, you should also focus on aligning your metrics around the business value creation. These metrics include the perception of the participants about the organization being innovative, apart from tracking the attendance and the trainer ratings.
- Evaluate the Real Cost: Although the vendors might provide you with an approximate cost, it is always better to calculate the actual cost. Understanding the eventual cost of the program will prevent any last moment surprises.
The major principle driving innovative training programs is to empower employees with the innovative skills that keeps them on the track, which both the vendor market and the corporate are heading. Like any other aspect, innovative training programs too require certain indispensable elements to be considered. These include cost and scalability. Besides, it is also important to consider management’s time commitment, participants’ time commitment as well as the perceived value of the training entity. Considering all these will help you in making your innovative training program a huge success.
- How Professional Development Training Boosts Performance for the Entire Team
- The Top 10 Benefits of Ongoing Staff Training and Development
- Effective Ways to Teach Team Resilience
- 12 Email Management Tips to Keep Your Inbox Organised
- April 2018 (2)
- March 2018 (1)
- February 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (2)
- October 2017 (2)
- August 2017 (2)
- July 2017 (3)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (2)
- April 2017 (1)
- March 2017 (3)
- February 2017 (3)
- January 2017 (3)
- December 2016 (2)
- October 2016 (2)
- September 2016 (5)
- August 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (8)
- February 2016 (4)
- December 2015 (5)
- November 2015 (5)
- September 2013 (1)
- August 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (6)
- May 2013 (3)