Get the edge with a comprehensive report writing training course. At Preferred Training Networks, we will assist you with writing business reports that make an impact.
Improve internal and external reporting with critical business report writing skills. A unique report writing course
Effective report writing can be subjective. You might have switched roles or departments and suddenly your reports have been recalibrated from excellent to OK.
Negative feedback (or no feedback) – about your written reports can cause "writer confusion". When did the rules of an effective business report change and why did nobody in the organisation inform you and your team?
Are you ready for a business report writing training course? Here are some questions that you might be look for the answers to
How can I improve my report writing skills? How can I reduce the length of my reports? How can I reduce the amount of reports that I have to prepare?
Think about the reports you write and ask yourself the following:
- We have received report writing skills training in the last 3 years.
- We have discussions with peers about the style of reports they prefer to receive.
- Our readers are engaged with our reports.
- We receive positive feedback about our workplace reporting skills.
- We are aware of the key demographics of the audience.
- We tailor our reports based on the preferred learning styles of the audience.
- We have received training on understanding different personality styles in the workplace.
- We have a very good grasp of punctuation and grammar.
- We critique workplace reporting skills.
- Our organisation has a style guide to help report writers and we can refer to it.
- We understand the aim of the reports and it's connectivity with the organisational goals.
- We regularly review the quality and usefulness of our internal and external reports.
- We always include an Exec Summary and a table of contents in our reports.
- We have a reporting knowledge management system.
- We have received training in influencing and persuasive writing techniques.
If you have answered No to more than 6 of these questions then this course is right for your people
"I have tried recently to read Shakespeare, and found it so intolerably dull that it nauseated me." -Charles Darwin
Key learning outcomes
Your Business Report Writing Skills program will give participants the skills to:
- Write persuasive reports.
- Interpret reader behaviour - How will the reader react?
- Be aware of the different reading styles of different generations.
- Utilise NLP written communication techniques.
- Understand the personality styles of critical readers.
- Scan the environment of effective and ineffective report writing skills.
- Critique existing internal reports and a sample of external reports.
- Interpret the nuances and heuristics of the target audience readership styles.
- Substitute words that cause reader confusion.
- Be aware of the perils of jargon and endless acronyms.
- Understand the impact of ambiguity in reports.
- Write clearly.
- Be proactive to get feedback from peers - 3 essential steps.
- Learn referencing techniques.
- Develop a report writing style guide.
- Reinforce key messages.
- Understand the psychology of influencing skills.
- Respond to feedback in a manner that will help you fine-tune your report writing skills.
- Write your reports in the active rather than the passive voice.
- Plan your reports before writing your reports.
- Test your current knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Understand the 5 rules of Writing Engaging Reports.
- Choose left brained and/or right brained writing techniques.
Would you like to attend this program?
For maximum effectiveness, this program is best conducted as an in-house program.
Ideal group size: 4 - 9 participants.
Venue: For your convenience, you can choose to conduct this program at your business premises. Alternatively, we can provide a training venue at a small additional cost.
Duration: This program can be adapted to meet your requirements.
Cost: Price on request.
Target Audience: Key employees and Managers who write reports.
If you would like more information on this business report writing training program, please contact: Melinda Carlisle - Marketing Manager 03 9805 8000 Email: email@example.com
Follow us in Google plus: Niall Kennedy
Check out more amazing courses like: speed reading course, people management courses, and email writing skills at Preferred Training Networks.